Thursday, December 06, 2007

So, On a whim...

I ran to work.

I didn't feel like driving since my car is not good in the snow and I'd be parking on the side streets. I also didn't feel like riding my bike and dying. So I ran. I only live 2.5 miles away. Plus I got to wear one of my fancy new cheap running shirts (over a long sleeve baselayer of course). My pants legs over my quads looked like I peed on myself since the snow melted right away as it fell on me. I also wore a thin beanie and my white cycling cap just to remove any doubt motorists may have had about the level of my sanity. Plus it kept the snow from falling in my eyes.

So now to get home after 8:30pm when my shift ends.....hmmm??? I could either take the MAT bus since the roads will probably be better by then, or just run some more. I'll let my feet decide.

4 comments:

bryan said...

eh, just run. As long as you're not in a hurry, you'll be fine.

munsoned said...

It's a little slower running on the snow. It was more of a shuffle. And my toes are kinda on fire. I shoulda laced my shoes up tighter so my wool socks wouldn't chafe so much.

I'll probably run if my clothes are dry. We'll see.

bryan said...

Running on and through loose snow is great. It's the slick, packed stuff that kills your feet ... which is why I'm a cyclist now.

Are we going to try to stage a half-assed get-together to go run? When and where?

brady said...

I've read that the body generates five times as much heat from running as it does sitting in the summer sun. Whereas cycling adds extra wind chill, and walking isn't enough, running generates tremendous warmth to deal with the cold weather. Unfortunately, it doesn't change the fact that it still looks like you pissed your pants.