Friday, December 21, 2007

Last mass email from dear old dad.

So my dad sends me great forwards from his work email. You know, those fowards where your address is in the middle of about 100 others. Good times.

Well my dad added to a forward today, " Just a Christmas funny to send along. And you can delete this email address. I am retiring from UP and this is my last day."

UGH, that hit me like a ton of bricks. My dad is officially entering retiredom. I can't even imagine the wave of emotions he's going through. All I can say is, thank you dad, for being the greatest dad I know. You have always been there and I hope you enjoy your free time now and I love you.

Thanks again and Congratulations!!

5 comments:

bryan said...

Congrats, Mike's dad! I hope you find a worthwhile hobby that doesn't blow your retirement savings. Stay away from that vintage Mustang, sir.

Shim said...

Good Luck Lanny, you deserve it, ENJOY!

brady said...

It's like arriving at a party while it's just ending. It was nice meeting you, Lanny, even if it was only for a short time. Still, looking forward to seeing you around the gym.

Congratulations!

Alan said...

ALRIGHT! WAY TO GO MR. MUNSON!

That's, shersly, pretty cool. Mike, you better start cutting work to go on awesome fishing trips to canada and whatnot.

Flintstone R Cube said...

Now Lanny's training can kick into full gear. Look out Mike, here comes your dad.