Thursday, January 10, 2008

Putting in time.

I rode 4 hrs total on Sunday, rode to and from work this whole week, Rode 1.5 hrs on Tuesday night, and did the Trainer night ride on Wednesday. So that puts me at....um...carry the 2..... 9-ish hours so far this week. I'm gonna ride at least an hour Friday night , then head over to Lincoln on Saturday for my Team's training camp deal. We're scheduled to ride from 10am to 3pm, but we'll see how long we actually go. So after at least 13 hrs on the bike I can't wait to weigh myself this weekend!!

Here's the goofy part. I gave blood on Monday after work. So I'm starting off a solid training block with diminished red blood cell supplies. I wonder if my body will super-compensate and produce more than normal RBC's. If so, it'll be like taking EPO, but for a good cause and not illegal.

8 comments:

bryan said...

I have 3.5 hours this week. I hope to make 10.

johnny said...

I see you commute, I too am thinking of doing this. As a person new to area how would a person ride from bellevue to n 25th street in council bluffs?

bryan said...

Johnny -- until the pedestrian bridge in downtown Omaha is done, that person would ride in a car. Though there are some brave (?) souls who ride on the I-480 shoulder. Please don't do that.

RF said...

I do the I-480 shoulder. But alas, I am a mountain biker at heart.

RF said...

Oh, and Munson- training weeks start on Monday. Don't you read Joe Friel? Geesh.

johnny said...

rf if you are riding give me a call 212-5968. I am just unpacking boxes. I can ride, it will upset the wife but whats life without excitement.

munsoned said...

John, I have never experienced going over I-480, however I have tried the South Omaha Bridge. It's basically L street, but changes names once it crosses 20th Street. It then becomes Mission Ave. The highway name of the South Omaha Bridge is hwy 275. It can be pretty busy and there's no shoulder. However, you won't have cars zooming past you at 60-70 mph like on 480. Once you cross the river, 275 goes east for quite a while. You can turn North on 24th then do some weird routes to eventually end up on N 25th St in the heart of Coucil Bluffs. It'd be smart to, some weekend, just take an easy spin along that general route so you can see what it'd be like to get there for work. If you want to do an early morning Sunday ride in the frigid cold, we could meet up and give that route a try. Up to you.

Ryan, I know what Friel says and he's just crazy. Why would I want to start my weekly total with a measly 40 minute monday commute when I had a perfectly good 4 hr Sunday ride? Crazy I tell ya.

I did another 2.5 hrs after work tonight, so I'm up to 11-ish before the weekend even starts. It's gonna be cold this weekend, but I'm putting in some serious mileage to burn away the dead weight. I want muscle definition again, dangit!!

johnny said...

weatherman say 38, I can ride if you guys are riding when and where? I spent all day unpacking boxes. We had a 3000 Sqft house now 1800 I told my wife she needed to purge. Maybe she is planning on losing the guy and his 6 bike and shop.