Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Shabbos

No, not Shabbos +1. Shabbos. I'm going to be gone on Shabbos +1, but really want to ride on Shabbos.

I'm thinking 8 a.m. for a three-hour ride or so. Sean, one my teammates, will be in town and is down for anything. Though he does need a bike. Anybody got a moderately fast 55 or 56cm bike available for the morning?

But where shall we convene? Crane Coffee on the Keystone seems like the easy choice. There's also the Bike Masters ride at 8:30, which really wouldn't make it Shabbos.

Let's figure some stuff out.

4 comments:

munsoned said...

Hmmmmmm... What to do, what to do. Meeting at "Caribou" without the coffee just seems wrong. It might be nice to meet up in a different locale for a change. We could meet up with the BM(!) ride but then just ride slow. It's possible, you just have to let them go when they GO. However, it is nice to let them know before hand not to wait up since we'll be minutes behind them after they GO.

So that's my suggestion. My 56-ish Lemond bike would work for Sean if I ride my heavy bike. Adding the to need to go slow. Figuring out how he's going to get it though would be interesting. Adding 17lbs to my already 30lb bike won't seem like much, right?

bryan said...

Actually, we'll still be in the front group. They won't hammer at this point of the season, and if they do, it'll just be 2 or 3 of them. We'll still be ahead of the mid-packers.

I think his parents live in midtown(ish), so he could probably drive to your house and you could ride to Bike Masters.

bryan said...

here's a suggestion from Jon -- meet at a coffee shop near Bike Masters (Crane at 144th/Maple, Starbucks at 144th/Maple, Scooters at 120th/Blondo, Starbucks at 120th/Blondo) and then go crash the Bike Masters ride.

I'll leave it up to you, Mike. Were you going to ride there?

munsoned said...

I'm up for whatever. Let me know when/where and I'll show up either by riding or by plane.