Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Break out your wool britches.

This weekend, Bob and I are going on a wee adventure.  And it's gonna be cold.  Crazy cold.  Remember all those posts on Brady and Scott's blogs about Amfib tights and such.  We'll all my cold weather gear's getting broken out for this weekend.  High's of mid 40s with lows in the upper 20s?!?  Yeesh.  I was going to rent a 3 season sleeping bag for the weekend, but maybe I need to consider doing a winter weight one?  That might be hard to carry on the bike though.  I guess we'll see.


4 comments:

Biker Bob/Runner Bob said...

The biking part wont be too bad. The overnight below freezing temps in a tent part... now that will be interesting.

Time to dig out the full on winter gear. At least for sleeping purposes ;-).

bryan said...

I wonder what it's like to sleep in thermal bib tights, a hat and a parka?

Let me know, will you guys?

munsoned said...

That is actually my plan, Bryan. Well almost. I have a fleece balaclava that is way too warm for actual biking, but will be very useful for sleeping in 25 degree weather. I'll probably bring some sort of pjs or long johns or something. And Wool socks. Very heavy wool socks. Multiple pairs. Yes.

Biker Bob/Runner Bob said...

Wool socks on hand, wool socks on feet.

It will be an interesting challenge, but hopefully not painful one.

Now I need to run to Canfields to get some wool socks.