Wednesday, November 07, 2007

At least I have a blog...

There, are you happy Legg?









I don't have much to say. I haven't been training. I haven't been doing anything really exciting. Unfortunately, there's just been a lot of TV watching.

I do have all except one part needed to put together Peters bike. Backstory; Peter calls me up saying he's living in Cali and won't be back till Xmas time. However, the HighGear Team issue Cannondale bike he borrowed was in pieces at his mom's house in fricken Papillion. And it needs to be put back together and taken to the shop post-haste (I love using old-time wording). So the biggest hassle was, his mom pretty much threw ALL of his bike stuff in some boxes so figuring out what cassette parts went together and how to get a whole headset working for the bike included a few too many trips to Papillion. And I still have to go back and find the top cap for a headset I got assembled. And let me tell you something, Peter and his bro have too many amazing bike parts just laying around. I probably shouldn't go into all the goodies I drooled over scavenging parts for the bike, but let's just say, there's enough parts for a few high end bikes. Yes, I'm jealous much.

So, for all my time and traveling Peter owes me a few meals at King-Kongs and/or Chipotle. It's a lot of gas money heading all the way down there, and I'm sure his mom is getting tired of me showing up, tearing up the garage searching for parts, then putting it back together again.

So what about you Legg? Care to respond and keep my blog hoppin? Or should I make you an author on this site too so you can be part of the MITMON experience!?!?!?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG you have a hard life of watching TV and building bikes! You can make me an author if you want. Not that my life is exciting right now. 13 days and counting to my comprehensive exam consisting of 3 years of doctoral education...kick ass!!!

bryan said...

I think you should go into a list of all of the parts. I may need to take some to upgrade the Felt.

brady said...

"Scene opens with Munson driving along on HWY 370 in his car listening to Hatebreed's other hit "To The Threshold" on 89.7 The River.

Munson just shows up at my mom's house..."

C'mon Peter, it's all yours...

Alan said...

Oh, I've already hashed this all out in my mind. Nothing transcending can come from ideas of Munson on a regular basis.

I'll keep you informed, though.

Alan said...

Munson, did you see Heidi at my house?