Friday, September 28, 2007

I am thoroughly convinced that wool is the way to go for layering. I have a single Smartwool longsleeved base layer that is versatile enough for the entire winter. It has a tall collar with a zipper to allow me to adjust for temp. I can wear this layer up till about 65 degrees. After mid 60's it get's a little warm though. Then I start looking like Fred when he wears a wool jersey on an 80 degree day. Not pretty.






Here is a review of this base-layer. This morning, since I needed to wash my Smartwool shirt after wearing it a few days, I used my old cool weather layering ensemble from last year; a Craft sleeveless baselayer, arm warmers and my jersey. It was amazing how much colder the Craft shirt/jersey was compared to the long sleeved wool base-layer with a jersey. So now I have all these Craft sleeveless under shirts that I'd rather trade for Smartwool lightweight/midweight Zip-Ts (the official name of this garment - if you want to do a search). Anyone want to buy some Craft under shirts?

2 comments:

Flintstone R Cube said...

Buy your used underwear? Hmm. I guess that depends on how stretched out it is in the "man-boob" region.

munsoned said...

Ha ha, funny funny. They are mediums though and pretty toight on me even when I'm at my leanest. I have 4 or 5 of them, and 2 long sleeved versions too. Too much cycling gear....