Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Call it early planning

Sunday is the annual Bike Masters fall century. It usually takes a good portion of the day. I don't want to ride for a good portion of the day.

The ride will go through north Omaha, downtown and then into Bellevue and then Glenwood and some other places. I don't want to go to Iowa. Normally, yes. Not Sunday. No time. So I'm going to start at the shop at 8 a.m. with the group, and then turn around when they get to the Bellevue bridge. From there, I'll probably take the most direct route home -- whatever that might be.

So ... let's start Shabbos +1 from Bike Masters. Or my house. Whatever. I'll even have coffee if you manage to get to my house by 7:30. Maybe free breakfast if you change a diaper.

12 comments:

munsoned said...

Ouch. I'm also not ready for a century. I haven't been "on" the bike in a couple weeks. Just the 15 minutes each way to and from work. I don't think I'd make it. Are we rolling on fast bikes, or should we make this the first heavy bike tour? I could go either way.

bryan said...

I vote 'fast' bikes. We should save the heavies for a meeting at Caribou and a lazy ride through town.

Alan said...

Bryan, FYI, Caribou is ass. Maybe that's why no one shows up for your crummy rides. The Shabbos ride has occured once and only once in my books.

bryan said...

Is that because you were only able to get your pansy ass out of bed once?

Flintstone R Cube said...

Mmmm, Caribou ass.

Alan said...

STILL CALMER THAN YOU ARE...

bryan said...

I don't know what that means.

But the coffee served on Sunday will be Pear's, roasted in good 'ol Omaha.

Alan said...

dude, come on... I named the ride after the big lebowski and you disgrace it by not even recognizing a great dialogue between walter and the dude after walter pulls a gun on smoky during league practice. (picture cops running inside bowling alley as walter and dude sit in the dude mobile fighting over camel fuckers in iraq).

anywho, I haven't heard of that coffee. I'll hafta try it sometime.

bryan said...

hmmm ... okay. why don't you show up to the ride and we'll discuss it further there?

Flintstone R Cube said...

No you're not wrong, you're just an asshole.

Alan said...

thank you fred. that was very much needed.

no, we can't do that. that fucks up our plan.

bryan said...

mike -- you going to my house or straight to Bike Masters? Same for anybody else -- let me know so I can have some coffee on. Or nachos. Whatever.