Monday, March 15, 2010

Alas, I won't be yelling at any of you this season.

With working full time at UNMC and doing part time at the bike shop building bikes, I need some me time. So this year, I won't be at the races officiating. No more yelling at riders to respect the yellow line, and no more frantic race results postings.

I'd recommend giving officiating a try, but expect to have an experience like this one:



It happens, trust me.

Instead, this year I hope to actually ride some weekends and maybe participate (unofficially) in the GLGA. But I have plenty of building up to do just so I can finish the event. Should be fun though.

3 comments:

是誰 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

You do a great job as an official Mike. But, like some other officials we know, sometimes you just want to ride!

You and I both got a little burned out last fall. I know I did.

I hope you can find the time to meet all your goals!

munsoned said...

Thanks Jon. When I was making the decision about officiating, I thought back to last summer and realized it flew by like the blink of an eye. Probably doesn't help that the marriage/honeymoon thing happened, but it was way worth it. I didn't really get much riding in until the fall, then winter came early, and we all know how that turned out...