Sunday, January 31, 2010

Next Weekend

So it looks like when I go out of town the weekend plans die. I'll be back next weekend and would like to ride. Maybe we can get something set up? Forecast looks iffy but the 7 day's always subject to change. So let's post up any thoughts, dreams, aspirations to carry us through the weekend of 2/6-2/7?

Yesterday was a solid 4 hour slog thru the rain and today's road race was 45 degrees , overcast, with a 20 mph N/NE wind today with 60-70 other like minded cat 4's. Kind of reminded me of Norfolk '09 without the fog/rain but similar temp and wind. So don't think I got off with perfect weather with my temporary escape...

4 comments:

munsoned said...

Doh! That sucks, but I thought something like that might happen. If it's not really cold in the US, it's either raining and chilly or snowing. Looks like you got rainy and chilly. I hated those races.

But yet, let us plan on doing something next weekend. There was a couple rides in the mix this weekend, but I didn't attend anything. More spring cleaning. I guess I'm preparing for when it actually gets nice so I can ride outside.

Shim said...

Group ride in the works after the THOR meeting leaving at 12:00 from the NPS parking lot. More details to come. Kevin and I did gravel both days, Savory showed us a new route in Iowa on Sunday with Brady, RF, and Bartels, in tow. Sundays ride was along the ridge line of the Bluffs, very cool. After all these years I still get excited to find a new route.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mark Savery said...

Oh we're riding. No posting rights here MM but I've been putting rides up on my blog for the past 4 weeks.

Today, noon, NPS building on the riverfront.