Thursday, December 30, 2010

Man that was fun.

As everyone saw the temp forecast for today, the tweets and such started to fly. Plan was, meet at Wohlners (3 blocks from my house) at 1pm. I got a little busy with stuff during the morning and at 12:20 decided I could fender-ize my Lemond and join the fun. Well, one flat tire later, I was late to the meeting spot. Luckily, Eric O had run behind also. So Eric and I took it easy down the trail and did pretty much the exact route that we would've done had we been 5 minutes earlier.

It was fricken 59° at the start and quickly rose to 65° mid ride. Of course, once we turned North, the wind had to change also and became a much colder NW wind. Eric and I skirted Northish so we could part ways at Happy Hollow.

The ride was just right; not too fast, but a couple surges to get some exercise. I have no idea how I felt so good since it's seriously been months since my last outdoor road ride. Turns out the fenders were nearly unnecessary as there were only a couple puddles on the trail. But soon, that will all change. This weekend is looking ugly with temps only in the teens for Saturday and may 20 for Sunday. I usually don't head out for more than an hour if it's below 25 outside. Just isn't that fun and a better workout could be had on the trainer instead. Which may or may not happen. I do need to lose some winter cheer weight.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and enjoys (but not too much) their New Year's celebration.

No comments: